Culture and conversation Homestay
When learning a language, often the difficulty is not being able to converse in that language and especially not with a native speaker. You may be able to study the other skills, reading, writing and listening but when it comes to conversation, there is little opportunity to practice. We offer a Culture and conversation Homestay with conversational lessons, for those who wish to practice English conversation only, without going into the mechanics of the language, and enjoy immersion into British culture.
Annalies from Austria and Nieve from Spain shared a culture and conversation homestay program in Plymouth
Culture and conversation Homestay Adult
Homestay accommodation is in the home of your carefully selected hosts. You will have your own private bedroom with all facilities. A private bathroom is available in some homestays at additional cost. Your accommodation will be inclusive of full board and all meals will be taken with the host family. You will have the opportunity to choose your activities and/or excursions after your arrival. Your conversational English lessons will be structured around your activities and excursions. During peak season, there is a possibility, in some homestays, that another student will also be staying. If this is the case, we will ensure that they are of a different nationality. Having another student staying at the same time,can add a different dynamic to the experience. Interaction with more people can be extremely beneficial. However, should you not wish to interact with other students we will place you alone in a family.Regarding arrival days , we are flexible so that you can benefit from the most competitive flights. The minimum length of stay is one week. A week is 7 nights.
Culture and conversation Homestay Junior
You will live as part of the family with your teacher and their family. You will be integrated into their daily family routine.Your accommodation, in a single room, will be inclusive of full board and all meals will be taken with the host family. You will have the opportunity to choose your activities and four half day excursions after your arrival. Your conversational English lessons will be structured around your activities and excursions. On the junior program all entry fees and transport to local activities will be included. Regarding arrival days , we are flexible so that you can benefit from the most competitive flights. The minimum length of stay is one week. A week is 7 nights.
English immersion in a homestay program
Our programs cover all levels from beginner to advanced. Our objective is to give you ample opportunity to practice your English conversation with native speakers whenever possible, thus improving your confidence when speaking English. You will be listening to and speaking English continually, with no opportunity of slipping into your own language.
English language homestay – options
Individual Homestay or share with a friend or family member. If you decide to come with another person we make a discount of 10% per couple. We insist, however,that you speak only in English for the duration of your stay.
What we offer on English immersion
- Ongoing daily conversation with your host family
- A full hour, five days a week of, face to face, conversation with your teacher.
- Four half day excursions,two of which will be cultural, with your English host teacher/ family
- Total immersion into the language throughout your stay while living as a family member
- Ongoing opportunity for language practice outside the host family home with quizzes and tasks
- A focus on expanding language skills with emphasis on speaking , listening and comprehension
What is included in the price?
- Your host will collect you and return you to,the local train station
- Juniors will be met at the port of arrival ( transfer costs are additional)
- 5 hours of Intensive English language conversations with your hosts
- All meals taken with your host family members
- High quality homestay accommodation with your private bedroom
- Immersion into a welcoming English host family and their friends (sometimes other students of a different nationality)
- Free WIFI
- Local maps, excursion and activities information available
- Four half day accompanied excursions with your hosts
- There will be a booking fee of £50 added to each invoice
Elisa from Italy on our Culture and conversation program with her host Rita Rooke Matthews
Please note that there are only conversational lessons on this program