English for Senior Learners
Study holiday program
The program English for senior learners has been designed specifically for the over 50’s , to combine English lessons, personal hobbies, sightseeing, shopping and visiting places of historical interest. Studying at your own pace, you will learn to communicate with native speakers and improve your confidence and fluency. Study whilst enjoying the many sights the UK has to offer on your study holiday.
Accommodation for mature students
At Homestay English UK we offer English for senior learners,in comfortable accommodation, in the home of carefully selected homestay teachers. The homestay is on a full board basis which includes, continental breakfast, a snack lunch and a cooked evening meal. You will be able to integrate into the daily family life of your teacher. We try to ensure that our senior learners are placed with a teacher/family of similar age and interests, to their own. Prior to arrival, we request that students stipulate their preferences regarding gendre ,age,interests and accommodation details of their home teacher.This way, we can ascertain compatibility between our senior learners and home teachers so that the homestay experience. can run effectively. Some homestays offer a private bathroom, if requested.
Study options for seniors learning English
We are flexible. Students can begin their course on any day of the week, and thus can book more competitive flights. The minimum stay is one week, which at Homestay English UK ,is inclusive of seven nights accommodation. We cater for all levels of English from beginner to advanced. Senior learners can choose to study on a 1:1 basis or share the homestay and lessons with a friend, colleague or family member, on a 2:1 basis
(A 15% discount is given on 2:1 programs)
Leisure and pleasure for Senior English learners 50 plus
Included in the English for senior learners program are one and a half days of accompanied excursions/activities. The activities range from sporting activities such as, tennis , swimming or golf to cinema, theatre or an evening’s entertainment in one of our many animated pubs.Excursions can be to places of historical interest, visiting museums, galleries,gardens etc: the choice is yours. We leave the students to select their preferences on arrival. The half day excursions are generally local to the teacher’s home and the full day excursion consists of a day trip further afield. It must be noted that only local transport to excursions are the responsibility of the teacher. However, any entrance fees must be paid by the student and if the student wishes the teacher to accompany them into any venue, the student must also pay for the teachers ticket. There are many options depending on which part of the country you are staying in.
- A combination of 1-1 classroom-based learning plus cultural activities appropriate for seniors.
- Total immersion into the language in an English family in a relaxed atmosphere
- Ongoing opportunity for language practise outside of lesson time with your teacher and family
- A focus on expanding language skills with emphasis on speaking ,listening and comprehension
- The opportunity to discover and explore the many wonderful places the UK has to offer.
- Please note that on your second or third day you will receive a courtesy call from homestay English to ensure that everything is satisfactory. If at any point you are unhappy with any aspect of your stay, please feel free to contact us on 07521921090 so that the problem can be resolved immediately.
- Assistance and advice with booking train / bus tickets from your port of arrival
- Collection from the local train station, unless you arrive independently
- Intensive 1 :1 English language tuition with your teacher
- All meals taken with your teacher and other family members
- High quality homestay accommodation with your private bedroom
- Immersion into a welcoming host family
- Free WIFI
- Local maps and excursion information available
- Accompanied excursions with your teacher
- Personalised needs assessment test on arrival, end-of-course progress report and certificate of attendance, on departure
- There will be a booking fee of £50 added to each invoice